Want to live in Spain or anywhere in the EU?
Get your Golden Visa
New Developments Costa del Sol is part of the Real Master Minds Group of companies. Our in-house legal department takes care of all business activities and those of our customers, we have you covered. If you are thinking of opening a business on the Coast, we can help you as we have great experience in this field.
Spanish Golden Visa
The so called “Golden Visa” is a residency visa for foreign investors which was introduced by Law 14/2013,
of 27 September that supports non-EU residents entrepreneurs who wish to internationalise and invest in
Spain. By providing them with an opportunity to apply for Spanish residency and citizenship, Law 14/2013,
of 27 September intends to attract entrepreneurs to Spain, and stimulate foreign investment in Spanish real
estate, public debt, and job creation.
After nearly a decade of economic crisis, Spain is fi nally growing again, underscoring hopes that the euro-
zone has reached a healthier place.
Spanish Residency Investment
The new Spanish Investors Visa or Golden Visa, as it is better known, and the Investor”s Residency Permit
grant non-EU nationals all the privileges available to European residents, including free access to the EU
countries within the Schengen area.
The programme guarantees the residency in Spain to investors, when they invest and maintain a property
investment of at least 500.000 Euros.
The investor’s dependents (spouse and children under the age of 18 or elder ones, who are evidently un-
able to make their living due to their state of health)
can benefi t from the same investment.
- Capital Investment
- Purchase of real estate of at least 500.000€
- Stock share of Spanish companies of at least 1.000.000€
- Bank deposits in Spanish fi nancial entities of at least 1.000.000€
- Spanish Treasury Bonds of at least 2.000.000€
Other Types of Investments
- Business Projects in Spain approved as general interest
- Highly qualifi ed professionals and researchers
- Intra-company employees transfers
Requirements to Obtain the Golden Visa
- No EU national
- Be of legal age (over 18)
- Criminal record clearance
- Be free of any contagious disease (International Health Regulation 2005)
- Not to have entered or stayed irregularly in Spanish Territory
- Not to have been refused entry in any of the Schengen countries
- Have a valid health insurance policy in Spain
- Have enough fi nancial resources to live in Spain for the period of residence
- Investment in Spain (capital or other type)
Advantages of the Golden Visa
- Initial visa valid for one year
- Residence authorization to live and work in Spain for 2 years renewable for 2 further years
- After 5 years of residence in Spain, possibility to apply for permanent residency and later for
- Travel freely within the Schengen area
- Maintain tax residence outside Spain
- Investor!s direct family members can also apply for this permit
How Long is the Process?
- One to four months once application and all required documents are submitted.
Types of residence permits granted under the Golden Visa law
- One-year residence visa for investors (year 1)
- Two-year residence visa for investors (years 2 to 5+)
- Long-term residence and Spanish nationality (year 5 onwards)
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will the whole process take?
It takes 3-4 months from the time the bank account is created and the investment has been decided.
What are the schedule of charges for your services?
It depends on the services you require, please contact us for a quote.
Do I have to purchase the house before I start the paper work for immigration
Yes, the property has to be purchased first, then request the residence as an investor.
How much will the medical insurance cost for 5 people in total?
Medical insurance for 5 people is about 3,000 euros a year, will depend on the age of each person insured.
If I go to Spain, can I open a bank account to purchase the property?
Yes, to open bank, you need a valid passport and the tax declaration of your income in your country.
How much money do I need to show sustainability for my family?
The law says that when applying for residence, you have to have in your bank account in spain enough to live in the country. That is 30,000 euros by the holder and 6,000 euros for each family members.
Can my application be turned down?
If you invest 500,000 euros, and your children are under 18 years of age, you will not have any problems.
What if my children are above 18 years of age?
If your children are older than 18 years, you must show through official documentation of some ministry in your country of origin, that your children live under your roof and that they are financially dependent of you.